Saturday, November 14, 2009

Veterans Day 2009

A Memorable Veterans Day

This year is by far the most meaningful Veterans Day I have experienced. I had the honor and privilege to participate in several events to honor our veterans and troops.

One of the events was the Taunton Fire Department's breakfast fundraiser for grave markers. I set up a table for the kids to make Christmas cards for our troops overseas. The children wrote tear-jerking notes like "Thanks for keeping us safe" and "You're my hero." It's very important that we teach our children how much other people have sacrificed and continue to sacrifice for this country.

I always feel a strong sense of pride in my community when I'm out there volunteering my time and helping to instill in our children the importance of service and charity.

Shaunna

No comments:

Post a Comment